Funduro Kirchberg delivers the ultimate in mountain bike fun
On Friday, 30th June 2023, the KitzAlpBike Mountain Bike Festival is all about revealing - namely skills, stamina and a huge portion of desire for a full charge of biking fun. For the first time, the Funduro Kirchberg is an Enduro race on the festival calendar and offers one of the most entertaining and versatile forms of mountain bike racing. The race is divided into evaluation stages in which the riders compete against the clock. In between, challenging transfer stages without time scoring lead to the start of the next stage.
At the Funduro Kirchberg, participants take to the saddle on three stages with three different levels of difficulty (blue, red and black). The entire route totals 1,000 metres in altitude, pedalling, for individual starters. In addition, there is the possibility to start in teams of 3. These teams divide up the route: Stage 1 (red) - 450 metres in altitude, Stage 2 (blue) - 150 metres in altitude, Stage 3 (black) - 550 metres in altitude.
The categories are Juniors, Men, Women, Masters Men. In the team classification: Mixed only - each team needs at least one woman as a member. Riders aged 9 and over are eligible to take part in the team, individual riders from U19. Participants from 9 to 12 years of age may only start on Stage 2. E-bikes are also allowed on all stages. The start is on Friday, 30th June, at 2 p.m. in units at the Fleckalm valley gondola station. On the day before, the stages can be tried out from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Entry fee: €25 for individual starters and €60 for team entries
- Prizes: trophies and non-cash prizes
- Individuals: Juniors, Men, Women, Masters Men
- Teams: Mixed only -every team must have at least one female member
- All unlicensed, ÖRV Bike Card recommended
- Eligible to participate are bikers in a team from the age of 9 years, individual bikers from U19, participants from 9 to 12 years may only start on Stage 2 (prerequisite is a cycling licence)
- E-Bikes are also allowed on all stages