Getting to the Brixental Valley by car
Getting to the Brixental Valley is easy and convenient in your own car. The towns are easily accessible via good main roads, avoiding any high passes or hair-pin bends.
Munich South motorway turn off
Motorway toll sticker is required in Austria from the German-Austrian border at Kiefersfelden!
- From the motorway junction "München Süd" (distributor for all directions)
- A8 in direction of Salzburg. Follow the A8 for approx. 56 km
- At the motorway junction (56) Inntal/101 change from the A8 to the A93 in direction of I, Innsbruck, A93, Kufstein, Brenner. Follow the A93 for approx. 25 km
- You will reach Austria.
- At the German-Austrian boarder, you need the motorway toll sticker for vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes (cars and motorbikes). There is a 10-day ticket, a 2-months ticket or a yearly toll sticker. The yearly toll sticker is available from every 1st of December and is valid for 14 months – maximum till January 31st of the following year.
- Change from the A93 onto the A12
- Verlassen Sie die A12 an der Anschlußstelle (17) Wörgl Ost in Richtung St. Johann in Tirol, Brixental, Wörgl-Ost und fahren Sie auf die Lofererstraße (B171). Folgen Sie dem Straßenverlauf für ca. 4 km.
- Turn right into the Brixental A-road and follow the road for about 10 minutes to get to the Brixental Valley
Getting here from Austria (coming from Salzburg)
Motorway toll sticker is required in Austria from the German-Austrian border at Kiefersfelden
- Getting here from Salzburg
- Take the A1 or the A10 until the exit "Salzburg West", or across the Austrian-German border on the A8 until the exit "Bad Reichenhall"
- Here you follow the A-road 178 via Lofer, or the A-raod 21 (GER) in direction of Lofer
- You will reach the holiday region St. Johann in the Kitzbüheler Alpen.
- From here, follow the signs in direction of Kitzbühel / Brixental and on to the Brixental Valley.
Getting here from Italy (coming from Innsbruck)
Motorway toll sticker is required in Austria from the Italian-Austrian border!
- Brenner Autobahn until Innsbruck
- At Innsbruck take the A12 in direction of Salzburg / Germany
- Exit the A12 at the junction (17) Wörgl Ost in direction of St. Johann i.T., Brixental, Wörgl-Ost and drive onto the Lofererstrasse (B171). Follow this road for approx. 4 km
- Turn right into the Brixental A-road and follow it - after approx. 10 minutes you will reach the Brixental Valley
Back to Location & Getting here